VIDEO: Interview with Anthony Barklam, Co-Head of Capital Markets Group EMEA, Head of DCM, MUFG
Bonds & Loans
Published: 12 December 2016 01:57
While at the annual Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Turkey conference, Bonds & Loans interviewed Anthony Barklam, Co-Head of Capital Markets Group EMEA, Head of Debt Capital Markets, MUFG, on what impact he thinks the US election result will have on the capital markets - developed and emerging, and which territories he expects issuance to come from in 2017.
- What is your view on the impact the US election result will have on the markets - developed and emerging?
- We have seen high levels of EM issuance from unusual territories this year - namely Argentina, Middle East, even Russia - where do you expect issuance to come from in 2017?
- We saw lots of volatility in oil prices at the start of the Year, and then FX volatility. Is this oil price, FX and interest rates volatility the new norm (ie. Is this what we should expect for the next decade)?
- What would be your 1 word of warning to clients and colleagues looking ahead into 2017?
- Where are the bright spots for you in 2017? Where do you see opportunities for business?
- And what are the reasons for optimism in 2017?
About the Author
Bonds & Loans is a trusted provider of news, analysis, and commentary that helps illuminate the most significant issues, events and trends impacting the global emerging credit markets.
- Azul Airlines Focussed on Brazilian Market and Fleet Revamp
- GCC Corporates Benefit from Asian Long Money
- The Case for Diversification: Why CFOs Shouldn’t Wait for the Next Liquidity Crisis to Act
- Actis Focussed on Renewables, Infrastructure and Developing Local Capital Markets in Brazil
- Majid Al Futtaim’s Treasury Head on Why Going Green is About More than Just Marketing
9 Aug 2019