VIDEO: Interview with Mehmet Şimşek, Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey
Bonds & Loans
Published: 4 January 2017 08:44
While at the annual Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Turkey conference, Bonds & Loans interviewed the Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey, Mehmet Şimşek, about the government’s plans to develop the local capital markets, what infrastructure and energy projects are planned and his outlook for the Turkish economy next year.
We also asked:
- What is your outlook for the Turkish economy next year?
- What are the government’s plans to develop the local capital markets?
- What infrastructure and energy projects are planned? How will these be financed?
- If you could name one key challenge Turkey is facing in 2017, what would it be? How is the government planning to address this?
- What reasons do you have to be optimistic about Turkey’s future?
About the Author
Bonds & Loans is a trusted provider of news, analysis, and commentary that helps illuminate the most significant issues, events and trends impacting the global emerging credit markets.
- CASE STUDY: Ezdan Draws Out Tenors with US$460mn Syndication
- CASE STUDY: NBAD Blazes a Trail with First MENA Green Bond
- Interview: Combining Conventional and Islamic Finance Techniques in One Seamless Structure
- CASE STUDY: Kuwait US$8bn Debut Marks Largest Dual Tranche Bond in Emerging Markets
- GCC Fiscal Break-Even Oil Prices Show Some Adjustment, But Balanced Budgets Are a Way Off